Components And Advantages Of Using Environmentally Friendly Portable Toilets
Construction & Contractors
If you are constructing or remodeling a building on your business or residential property or are organizing a special event, you may need to rent portable toilets. Portable toilets are available in many sizes and configurations. When renting a portable toilet, consider one that has environmentally friendly products and processes such as the following:
Environmentally Friendly Products In A Portable Toilet:
- Disinfectants and Deodorizers - Disinfectants and deodorizers that are made solely from essential oils, vinegar, borax, baking soda, and water, are as effective as chemical deodorizers that contain alcohol, formaldehyde, and other chemical additives. These disinfectants and deodorizers are effective against bacteria, viruses, and fungi, and have no harmful side effects as do chemicals.
- Soaps - Soaps that do not contain detergent can be safely washed down a sink basin without damaging the environment.
- Hand Sanitizers - Hand sanitizers that are not antibacterial and do not contain synthetic fragrances are just as effective as chemical hand sanitizers. When they are sprayed from non-aerosol pump dispensers, they also eliminate harmful aerosol chemicals.
- Urinal Blocks - Urinal blocks that are made of essential oils, borax, and baking soda are effective and safe to clean the air of odors and do not contain carcinogenic chemicals that can damage the environment.
- Toilet Paper and Seat Covers - Toilet paper and seat covers that are chlorine-free and made from recycled post-consumer waste are better choices for the environment.
Environmentally Friendly Processes In A Portable Toilet:
- Self-Containment - The most efficient portable toilets have a wash basin with hot and cold running water, electrical lights, a vanity with a mirror, and are self-contained so they do not need to be connected to a main wastewater disposal system.
- Waste Disposal - A waste collection tank that is equipped with a screening system to separate solids from liquids is inherent in an environmentally-friendly portable toilet. This allows liquids to condensate in a vented aerobic tank while water is being evaporated. Solid waste products are also allowed to aerate and dehydrate before being safely released into an urban, suburban, or rural waste water disposal system.
- Clean Energy - Solar energy can power lights, fans, and other electrical functions in an ecological portable toilet. This is done with skylights and solar panels to gather solar energy and store it for use when there is no direct sunlight.
- Compost Creation - Waste products from some environmentally-friendly portable toilets are collected and held in compost tanks where they are mixed with starters and additives such as wood chips, sawdust, straw, grass, leaves, plant cuttings, and soil, to become valuable compost for growing garden plants. These compost tanks periodically agitate the collected waste products and additives to accelerate the process of creating compost.
If you need to rent a portable toilet for your construction project or special event, look for one that does not hurt or harm the environment. In that way, you will be doing your part to save the Earth while you complete your construction projects and special events.
28 April 2016